July 14, 2020
Dear 2020 Graduates and Parents/Guardians,
With our graduation ceremony around the corner, we would like to provide more information about the ceremony and rehearsal. Please carefully read the guidelines below. They will apply to both rehearsal and the graduation ceremony.
Rehearsal will be held on Friday, July 24 at 11AM. Students should promptly report to the tent area near the HS staff/student parking lot. Only graduates and designated staff are permitted at the rehearsal.
The graduation ceremony will occur on Friday, July 24, 2020 at 7pm. The ceremony will be on campus under a tent in the soccer field area. Due to the guidelines from the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH), outdoor ceremonies are limited to 150 people. Therefore, students will be permitted two (2) guests each. We are hoping to livestream the ceremony. If we are able to do so, we will provide you with this information as we approach the date.
Please note that tickets and the parking pass are required for entry to the event. Students will receive two tickets (2) and one (1) parking pass at graduation rehearsal. Parking will be available in the HS staff/student parking lot at the end of Warren St. Only cars with a parking pass will be permitted. Handicapped parking will be available, please contact the main office for more information.
Please be advised that individuals attending the event, including graduates, family members and/or guests, and school personnel must adhere to the following NYSDOH guidelines:
- Any individual who (1) displays symptoms consistent with COVID-19, (2) has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or (3) within the last 14 days was a close or proximate contact of an individual who had symptoms of COVID-19 or tested positive for COVID-19, is not permitted to attend the ceremony.
- All attendees at the gathering are required to remain six feet apart from other attendees at all times, excluding immediate family members or household members.
- All attendees at the gathering must wear a mask or face covering at all times, if they are over age two and able to medically tolerate a covering. Individual students may temporarily remove their masks or face coverings while crossing the award area or having their individual photo taken.
- There must not be person-to-person contact during the celebration. Individuals may not shake hands.
- Diplomas, and any other items such as awards packets, will be pre-arranged for students to retrieve them without direct interaction with other individuals.
- Sharing or exchanging materials of any kind poses an increased risk of transmission of COVID-19 and should be prohibited (e.g., throwing graduation caps, giving gifts).
- Students may walk across a stage or area and pose for a picture individually during the distribution of diplomas.
- The length of ceremony will be modified to shorten the time individuals are exposed to each other and to adhere to the guidelines.
- Restroom facilities will not be available.
- Refreshments will not be available; please do not bring or distribute food.
We are very excited to celebrate this special occasion with you! We appreciate your understanding and willingness to comply with the NYSDOH guidelines so that we may give our graduates the in-person ceremony that they were hoping for.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com or call the HS office.
See you soon!
Julie A. Adams